Low Carb - Protein Packed Spaghetti Recipe
Eeeeek! I'm so excited for this one, yall! I'm not a "recipe creator" per say. I tend to stick to SIMPLE food because a) I'm actually lazy LOL b) I don't mind eating this way. However, this is a SUPER simple hack you can use the next time you want to make a delicious LOW CARB- PROTEIN PACKED spaghetti dinner!
Ingredients I used:
*Extra Lean Ground Turkey
*Spaghetti Squash (Spaghetti Squash only has 7g carbs PER CUP whereas normal spaghetti noodles has 42g (ish) per cup!!!)
*Spaghetti Sauce (I used Ragu)
1)Cook Extra Lean Ground Turkey in skillet (I always add taco seasoning to flavor it but you can add whatever you prefer)! I almost always have this cooked in bulk ahead of time because I use it a lot for my meals throughout the week :)
This is the brand I use--
2) Microwave Spaghetti Squash for 5-6 minutes (this is just to soften it so you can cut it). HOLY CRAP without this tip I don't think I would have been able to cut it open HAHA #doyouevenlift
3) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4) Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out the seeds and loose "strings". I used a regular spoon and it worked fine!
5) Season with olive oil, salt & pepper. Place face down on baking sheet.
6) Cook for 45-50 minutes or until the inside of the squash is soft and can be scooped out!
7) Scoop out all the "noodles" with a spoon into a bowl!
8) Top with Pasta sauce, Parmesean cheese + Lean ground turkey (I used 4oz)!
VOILA! I told you this would be easy! YUM!!! It seriously tasted SO GOOD(I promise, better than it looks!) Let me know if you try this in the comments below!!! :)